- Aussie golf star Adam Scott tests positive for coronavirus in California on October 21, 2020 at 7:25 pm
Australian golfer Adam Scott has tested positive to coronavirus in the US, the PGA Tour has confirmed
- Flesh-eating bacteria killing people in the Carolinas on October 21, 2020 at 7:22 pm
Vibrio is a bacteria that is emerging more and more often off the waters of the North Carolina and South Carolina coast. According to The State , the instances of vibrio being found in the water is rising.
- Angela Rayner apologises for calling Tory MP ‘scum’ in heated Commons clashon October 21, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Angela Rayner apologised for calling Tory MP for Heywood and Middleton Chris Clarkson ‘scum’ during a Commons clash, but stopped short of a retraction.
- Cary Grant got hooked on LSD and was bisexualon October 21, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Screen icon Cary Grant confessed he felt he was ‘playing a part’, according to new book Cary Grant: A Brilliant Disguise by author Scott Eyman.
- Mel Brooks, 94, endorses Biden in his first-ever political videoon October 21, 2020 at 7:20 pm
Mel Brooks appears in a 53-second video posted Wednesday on Twitter with his son and his grandson appearing from outside behind closed patio doors due to the COVID-19 social distancing rules.
- Airport and health officials give conflicting accounts of COVID death of Texas woman on flighton October 21, 2020 at 7:18 pm
Key questions are being asked over the nature of the woman’s death and the handling of the investigation as authorities provide conflicting accounts three months on from her death.
- Bombshell texts could lead to Tiger King’s Joe Exotic’s acquittalon October 21, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Joe Exotic was jailed for 22 years in 2019 after being found guilty of plotting to kill his nemesis and fellow big cat lover Carole Baskin.
- Coronavirus UK: Students suspended and fined £10k EACH after partyon October 21, 2020 at 7:17 pm
The Nottingham Trent third-years were each handed £10,000 penalties – more than a year’s tuition – after 30 revellers were found hiding in the kitchen, bedrooms and basement last night.
- Cuomo eases restrictions in some Brooklyn and Queens COVID ‘clusters’on October 21, 2020 at 7:14 pm
None of the zones are reopening completely but in almost all of them, several can resume things like outdoor dining and having more than 25 percent of ordinary capacity temples.
- Donald Trump releases pictures from 60 Minutes interview before he walked out of iton October 21, 2020 at 7:12 pm
Trump dumped a series of photos of Lesley Stahl on Twitter Wednesday from their ’60 Minutes’ interview as his Chief of Staff Mark Meadows claimed the reporter is ‘more like an opinion journalist.’
- Rudy Giuliani tricked into compromising scene in new Borat filmon October 21, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Hands down, Rudy Giuliani might star in one of the most awkward scenes in Sacha Baron Cohen’s new ‘Borat Subsequent Moviefilm,’ which will be released on Amazon Prime Friday.
- Coronavirus UK: Barnsley pensioner, 83, slams new Tier 3 lockdownon October 21, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Speaking this afternoon the 83-year-old Barnsley resident said that she would not be ‘fastened in a house’ for her remaining years by ‘ridiculous’ restrictions, adding that the ‘young will pay’.
- Police will review investigation as father-of-three who was left disabled by football thugs dieson October 21, 2020 at 7:10 pm
Simon Dobbin, 48, of Mildenhall, Suffolk, was beaten and ‘kicked like a football’ after going to watch Cambridge United play at Southend United in Essex in a brutal 90-second assault.
- Mother shocked to discover a bear with its head and paws MISSINGon October 21, 2020 at 7:07 pm
The dead bear was found on the side of the road near Foresthill, California, by the mother who was with her children.
- Joe Biden ahead in six battleground states Donald Trump won in 2016on October 21, 2020 at 7:06 pm
Joe Biden leads Donald Trump in six battleground states the president won in the 2016 election with less than two weeks to go.
- Melania Trump ‘should know better’ than attack former aide’s bookon October 21, 2020 at 6:59 pm
Melania published a blog post reacting to ‘salacious claims’ her ex best friend made in her book Melania & Me, a memoir of her time working on Trump’s inauguration and in the East Wing.
- Male nurse, 48, arrested for ‘murdering his stepdaughter, 16, in 2004’ dies after stabbing himselfon October 21, 2020 at 6:52 pm
Raul Mata, 48, died just three weeks after he stabbed himself in the groin inside a jail in Watsonville, California, as he awaited trial for killing Dilcia Mejia.
- Home Office policy giving migrants as little as three days’ notice before deportation ruled unlawfulon October 21, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Medical Justice, a human rights’ charity, argued that it would be impossible for those who do not already have a lawyer to obtain one in the notice period.
- Kellyanne Conway is spotted going for a walk in her affluent New Jersey neighborhoodon October 21, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Kellyanne Conway was spotted by DailyMail.com Sunday on a walk in her affluent neighborhood of Alpine, New Jersey.
- Ben Carson defends Trump for tearing up Obama-era housing ruleon October 21, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Carson, the secretary for housing and development, accused ‘the left’ of playing identity politics with their criticisms of the president, and said scrapping the ‘fair housing’ laws was about reducing federal oversight.
- Renowned doctor, minister and Long Island lawmaker arrested for attempting to trade pills for sex on October 21, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Dr. William Spencer, a legislator for Suffolk County’s 18th District, pleaded not guilty to third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance during his arraignment Wednesday.
- ‘Nodding lady’ from Trump town hall gets online abuse and hate mailon October 21, 2020 at 6:43 pm
Mayra Joli, a Miami-based immigration lawyer from the Dominican Republic, became known as the ‘Nodding Lady’ after Trump’s town hall last week but has since been targeted by hate mail.
- WeWork founder Adam Neumann ‘had tequila-fueled leadership style’on October 21, 2020 at 6:42 pm
Adam Neumann wasn’t just the founder of WeWork, he was its ‘partyer in chief’ writes Reeves Wiedeman in Billion Dollar Loser: The Epic Rise and Fall of WeWork.
- One in four NYC transit workers has caught Covid-19 according to a union surveyon October 21, 2020 at 6:41 pm
A survey done by New York University with the help of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) found that 24 percent of respondents said they had a COVID-19 positive diagnosis or antibody test.
- Kamala Harris’ niece angers Hindu groups for sharing an image of Democrat photoshopped as goddesson October 21, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Meena Harris, 36, shared the doctored image of deity Ma Durga superimposed with Kamala Harris’ face on Saturday at the start of the Hindu festival Navratri.
- FBI investigates threatening emails sent to voters that claimed to be from Proud Boyson October 21, 2020 at 6:35 pm
The emails have been reported by residents in Alaska, Arizona, Florida and Pennsylvania – all but Alaska are highly contested states for the election.
- Mother, 28, slams McDonald’s after spilled hot chocolate leaves her with burns on her thighson October 21, 2020 at 6:33 pm
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT Rosie Chapman claims the cup she got from the Hemel Hempstead McDonald’s branch was ‘poorly put together’, causing her hot chocolate to spill.
- Father whose ‘death’ was used by Sky show to explain contestant’s ‘Nazi-style’ tattoo IS still aliveon October 21, 2020 at 6:33 pm
The father of Sky History’s The Chop contestant Darren Lumsden today declared ‘I’m alive’ after the channel claimed he was dead to defend his son’s Nazi-style tattoos
- US officials ‘were targeted on American soil by sonic attacks on at least three occasions’on October 21, 2020 at 6:26 pm
US officials on American soil have been targeted by sonic attacks, according to a new report. Marc Polymeropoulos, who fell ill in Russia, is main; two China based diplomats who fell ill are inset.
- Pubs ARE being sacrificed to keep schools open, top scientist sayson October 21, 2020 at 6:25 pm
Professor Mark Woolhouse, an epidemiologist at the University of Edinburgh said the hospitality industry is ‘bearing the brunt’ of lockdown closures.
- US Navy to install hypersonic missiles on attack submarineson October 21, 2020 at 6:25 pm
The Navy will first instal; the missiles on its Virginia-class attack submarines, then on its new Zumwalt-class destroyers, before mounting the missiles on all three tiers of its Arleigh Burke-class destroyers.
- Accused child rapist, 34, flees hospital after doctors found out girl, 11, he brought in is pregnanton October 21, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Wendell Sanchez, 34, from Louisiana, has been charged with first-degree child rape for allegedly getting an 11-year-old girl pregnant. The crime was uncovered after he took the child to the hospital.
- Beleaguered short video streaming service Quibi seeks buyer: reporton October 21, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Quibi founder and former Disney CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg has tried to sell its catalog of programming to companies including NBCU and Facebook — both of which declined.
- Surrey thug found guilty of murder after beating man, 88, to deathon October 21, 2020 at 6:11 pm
The jury heard how Darren McClean, 42, had 41 convictions for 117 separate offences on his record, including other burglaries. He was convicted of murder at Guildford Crown Court.
- Coronavirus UK: 26,688 new cases and 191 deaths in daily tollon October 21, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Professor John Edmunds, an epidemiologist at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, told MPs that the three-tier lockdown system will only slow down the UK’s outbreak and not shrink it.
- Human rights group’s Fury over plans to discharge Covid-19 patients into care homes againon October 21, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Amnesty International said the treatment of UK care homes during the spring was ‘a violation of residents’ human rights’ and to repeat the same mistake again would be ‘unacceptable’.
- Trump says there’s ‘not much’ he would do differently on coronaviruson October 21, 2020 at 6:10 pm
President Donald Trump said at a town hall meeting there is ‘not much’ he would do differently on combating the coronavirus if he had the opportunity.
- Coronavirus: Bradford NHS hospital cancels operations as cases spikeon October 21, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Bradford Teaching Hospitals said some non-urgent surgery and outpatient appointments were being suspended. It runs the Bradford Royal Infirmary, where there are 100 Covid-19 patients.
- Rev Billy Graham’s granddaughter says she’s voting for Joe Bidenon October 21, 2020 at 6:05 pm
Jerushah Duford, 42, has been highly critical of Donald Trump in recent months and has been trying to convince fellow evangelists to distance themselves from the president.
- Dashcam footage shows four-car crash on Alabama interstate which left 59-year-old truck driver deadon October 21, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Birmingham, Alabama police released dashcam footage of the accident that left Charles Eugene Pearce Jr., 59, dead when his tractor-trailer was hit by another vehicle, sending it into the median barrier.
- Son vows to take his lonely mother, 77, out of care home after Covid restrictionson October 21, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Tom Wright, 45, said he plans to move his mother Maggie back to his home with his family as he fears there is a risk of her ‘dying of a broken heart’ if she continues to live at the care home in Leeds.
- US marines rescue stranded family after boat capsized in Floridaon October 21, 2020 at 5:58 pm
A father, mother and daughter were rescued by the US marine corps from chilly waters in Tampa, Florida after their boat had capsized, leaving seven people stranded.
- Psychologist, 42, who specialised in helping suicidal hanged herselfon October 21, 2020 at 5:52 pm
Dr Pamela Reeves, 42, from Wokingham, Berkshire, who worked for a specialist mental health team, known as the PICT, hanged herself after her husband told her he wanted a divorce.
- Gas leak at Upper East Side mansion at ‘explosive levels’ as all residents are evacuated on October 21, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Firefighters responded to the situation at 14 E 63rd St. before noon Wednesday and evacuated all residents from the building and closed off the roads.
- Man is injured and child rescued after a ‘gas explosion’ rips through shop in west Londonon October 21, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Specialist urban search and rescue crews had been painstakingly sifting through rubble following the aftermath, in a ‘complex’ operation which caused parts of the building to collapse.
- Husband of fake Irish heiress reveals she raised $16k on GoFundMe using their dead daughter’s photoon October 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Jeff Welch, right, said his ex Mair Smyth, left, used an image of Courtney who died in 2012. A new episode of The Con airs Wednesday at 10pm EST ABC detailing her crimes.
- Top US universities failed to report taking billions in foreign funds, report findson October 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
The Education Department released the report amid its effort to enforce a 1986 law requiring U.S. universities to disclose gifts and contracts of $250,000 or more from foreign sources.
- Government borrows more than a billion pounds PER DAY during coronavirus crisison October 21, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Another £36.1billion was borrowed in September – the third-highest month on record and compared to just £7billion a year ago – as tax revenues slumped and the Treasury poured out bailout money.
- Model friend, 38, of ‘The Chop’ star says he’s ‘a big cuddly bear and no racist’on October 21, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Sasha Gardner met Darren Lumsden on a Channel 4 reality show called Dumped, in which contestants survived on other people’s rubbish for three weeks.
- ‘I thought I was immune’ Oklahoma woman beat coronavirus TWICE warns second bout nearly killed her on October 21, 2020 at 5:23 pm
Leslie Tanyan, 46, had only mild symptoms the first time she was infected with Covid-19 but ended up in hospital for three weeks and in a care facility for another month the second time.
- Entrepreneur who forced himself on woman at Christmas bash told to expect jailon October 21, 2020 at 5:21 pm
Pavel Grushin, 27, grabbed the woman and tried to kiss her after the Royal Festival Hall corporate Christmas party. Sentencing was sent to Crown Court.
- Chinese state media urges leaders to pass animal protection lawon October 21, 2020 at 5:18 pm
China Central Television Station made the call today through an official social media account after a man was caught pouring boiling water over a homeless moggie on the street.
- Surveillance video captures armed home invasion in Floridaon October 21, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Two armed men were caught on surveillance video forcing their way into a Hialeah, Florida, home on Saturday night, holding people at gunpoint and shooting at the homeowner’s wife.
- Troy Aikman and Joe Buck caught on hot mic mocking NFL military flyover on October 21, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Aikman and Buck were preparing to cover Sunday night’s showdown between the Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they were heard criticizing a display of Pentagon jets.
- NBA ‘saved $1.5 billion in TV and sponsorship revenue by finishing season inside $180million bubble’on October 21, 2020 at 5:04 pm
The NBA reportedly prevented $1.5 billion in projected television and sponsorship losses thanks to the league’s bubble at Disney World in Florida, which prevented any COVID-19 infections.
- Daredevil Jon Gleason jumps 115ft into a river in Birdsboro, Pennsylvaniaon October 21, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Jon Gleason was approaching 55mph as he plunged into a river in Bridsboro, Pennsylvania having jumped over the edge of a 115ft cliff some five seconds earlier.
- Shocking moment an over-crowded boat explodes into a ball of flames forcingon October 21, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Of the 21 people filming a music video for musical artist Jaican on board the boat in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 13 were injured with two being treated for serious burns.
- World could get a Covid-19 vaccine in the next few months but the virus will exist ‘forever’on October 21, 2020 at 5:01 pm
Professor John Edmunds told MPs it was an ‘almost certainty’ that a vaccine will help to manage the epidemic in the ‘not-too-distant future’. No10 has already bought 340million potential doses.
- Coronavirus UK: Could Tees Valley and Tyneside AVOID Tier Three?on October 21, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Talks with Tees Valley and Tyneside over a financial package for a Tier Three shutdown have been halted, it is understood, amid hopes it will not be required.
- Post-Brexit trade talks back on as UK accepts EU olive branchon October 21, 2020 at 4:55 pm
Post-Brexit trade talks between the UK and the EU will resume later this week after Downing Street accepted an olive branch from Michel Barnier.
- Officer accused of strangling lover tells murder trial he ‘fell on top of her by accident’ in fighton October 21, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Timothy Brehmer, 41, is on trial at Salisbury Crown Court accused of Claire Parry’s murder, which he denies. The Dorset Police officer was today giving his account to jury members of a fight between them.
- Cambridge experts claim South West and East are only two regions where outbreaks are not plateauingon October 21, 2020 at 4:51 pm
The East of England (left) is seeing infections rise by nine per cent a day, they say, while in the South West they are ticking upwards by seven per cent.
- ‘Gentle giant’ sheriff’s deputy killed and others injured during altercation in South Carolinaon October 21, 2020 at 4:46 pm
Master Deputy Conley Jumper was killed in an altercation with a suspect during a traffic stop in South Carolina. Jumper was described as ‘larger than life’ by Greenville’s Sheriff Hobart Lewis.
- Woman suffers miscarriage after she was Tasered by police during row with her boyfriend, court hearson October 21, 2020 at 4:46 pm
Mum-to-be Leanne Perrett, 35, was three months pregnant when an officer fired his stun gun at her during a row between her and partner Kyle Butts in Barry, South Wales.
- One in ten under-50s will be struck by ‘long Covid’, data showson October 21, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Women are also 50 per cent more likely to suffer symptoms of ‘long Covid’ than men, the scientists at King’s College London warned. And two in ten over 70s develop the condition.
- Indiana student listed as ‘BLACK GUY’ in high school yearbook photo captionon October 21, 2020 at 4:35 pm
The student was shown as a member of a basketball team in a blurred photo from the 2020 yearbook for Brown County High School in Nashville, Ind. The district announced an investigation Monday.
- Coronavirus is ‘back with full force’ in Germany, state premier sayson October 21, 2020 at 4:31 pm
In Germany, one Alpine district is already back in lockdown and the leader of Bavaria warned today that the virus is in danger spinning out of control in the country.
- U.S. Army declares murdered Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen ‘died in the line of duty’on October 21, 2020 at 4:31 pm
Vanessa Guillén, 20, went missing in Fort Hood in April, shortly after complaining to family members that she had been sexually harassed at the base. Her remains were found in July.
- Student, 20, is found dead in his halls at Coventry Universityon October 21, 2020 at 4:31 pm
West Midlands Police said the student was found dead in the Bishop Gate halls in Coventry city centre last Friday, and detectives were treating the death as non-suspicious.
- Scotland Yard DROP ‘race hate’ probe into Darren Grimes and David Starkeyon October 21, 2020 at 4:31 pm
The Metropolitan Police launched an investigation into Mr Grimes, 27, and Dr Starkey, 75, earlier this month for allegedly stirring up racial hatred in a YouTube interview in June.
- Body of multi-millionaire’s son, 36, was found floating in the Thames by canoeiston October 21, 2020 at 4:29 pm
Alexander Stern, son of stationery tycoon Ronald Stern, was last seen dragging a suitcase in Sonning-on-Thames. On April 3, his body was discovered about two miles downstream.
- Sorority member is put on probation after sharing Candace Owens post criticizing Black Lives Matteron October 21, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Sophomore Katherine Lauer was rebuked by the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She had reposted a September tweet from the black conservative commentator.
- Does Greater Manchester REALLY need a Tier 3 lockdown? Cases were already slowing for 40% of regionon October 21, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Boris Johnson unilaterally shifted Greater Manchester into the tightest bracket of curbs last night, which will come into effect at midnight on Thursday. But analysis shows cases were slowing.
- Schizophrenic mother, 30, who beat church warden, 88, to death is given indefinite hospital orderon October 21, 2020 at 4:21 pm
Mother -of- one Zara Radcliffe, 30,stabbed and beat John Rees, 88, to death, in Co-op in Peygraig in Rhondda, South Wales, in May.
- Elderly NYC widow lived with dead husband’s body for weeks until the smell alarmed neighborson October 21, 2020 at 4:21 pm
NYPD officers responding Tuesday found the rotting corpse of an 87-year-old man on a bed in a Lower East Side apartment. It was unclear if the widow understood her husband had died.
- Joe Biden breaks silence on Hunter’s laptop calling Rudy Giuliani Trump’s ‘henchman’on October 21, 2020 at 4:21 pm
Former Vice President Joe Biden hit back Tuesday when questioned about investigations of his son Hunter Biden’s laptop, blasting a ‘smear’ campaign of ‘garbage’ by Trump ally Rudy Giuliani.
- Senior lawyer ‘pulled white envelope over his head and said he had joined the Ku Klux Klan’on October 21, 2020 at 4:12 pm
Samuel Maurice Charkham, 68, allegedly wore the makeshift costume in the central London firm’s offices as the woman was about to take dictation from him.
- Cat burglar! Moment creeping thief is scared off by homeowner’s ginger moggie on October 21, 2020 at 4:11 pm
Mark Lawson, 42, crawled around the back garden of a house in West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, on his hands and knees.
- Dog waits for owner: Pet waits by the window for TEN HOURS after being left at home alone on October 21, 2020 at 4:10 pm
Security footage shows the one-year-old border collie, named Pi Dan or ‘Naughty’, staring into the distance while quietly resting in the same spot from morning to night after his owner left home.
- Former Wisbech Grammar School teacher, 54, who kicked pupil will be allowed to return to classroomon October 21, 2020 at 4:08 pm
Cambridgeshire teacher Mark Jarvis, 54, was convicted of battery after he kicked a pupil at Wisbech Grammar School in 2018, but the DT teacher can return to the profession, it’s been ruled.
- Bill Cosby laughs in new prison photo released to prove he’s doing fine after disheveled mug shoton October 21, 2020 at 4:08 pm
Bill Cosby appears to be doing just fine behind bars amid the coronavirus pandemic, two years after he was sent to state prison for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home in 2004.
- Ohio tire dealer comes under fire for ‘white lives matter, who else would pay for 4 welfare’ signon October 21, 2020 at 4:06 pm
Mike’s Tire, located in Belmont County Bethesda, recently erected a sign outside its shop front along North 26 Road that reads, ‘White lives matter, who else will pay for welfare. Trump 2020’.
- Britons living under Tier-3 lockdown rules will NOT get refunds for holiday and flightson October 21, 2020 at 4:06 pm
Jet2, easyJet, Virgin Atlantic and Tui are all allowing customers to change their holidays with no admin fee. Alongside free flight changes, BA is offering credit vouchers for future travel.
- Coronavirus UK: Fury in Sheffield and Manchester as cities go into Tier 3 lockdownon October 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
A pub landlady in Sheffield – which will go into tier three on Saturday along with the rest of South Yorkshire – has said she is ‘devastated’ about the new restrictions imposed on her industry.
- Tinnitus sufferer, 64, hanged himself due to ‘excruciating pain’on October 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Father-of-two Kenneth Musson, 64, of Camberley, Surrey, had noticed a constant ringing in his ears after treatment for anxiety which kept him awake at night and worsened over the months.
- South Yorkshire could enter Tier 3 TODAY after ‘successful’ talkson October 21, 2020 at 4:04 pm
Boris Johnson insisted he would honour the £60million package of business support for the region he offered to the Labour mayor, even though it was angrily rejected by Andy Burnham.
- Mother abandons her newborn baby in Italian hospital after the child tested positive for Covid-19 on October 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
The woman and her daughter tested positive for Covid-19 last week and she carried the baby into A&E at Di Cristina Hospital in Palermo, Sicily.
- No escape! Moment four police cars smoothly box in and stop a getaway driver on a busy motorwayon October 21, 2020 at 3:57 pm
Northamptonshire Police boxed in a suspect BMW which was linked to several crimes in the West Midlands, forcing it to stop on the M1 in what they describe as Tactical Pursuit and Containment.
- Briton, 74, is shot in the leg confronting two robbers at his home in Spainon October 21, 2020 at 3:57 pm
The 74-year-old, who is thought to be a retired jeweller, was shot around 8.30am on Wednesday at his luxury villa in an exclusive area of the Costa de Sol known as El Chaparral.
- WH considers axing federal funds to ‘anarchist cities’ of New York, D.C, Portland and Seattleon October 21, 2020 at 3:53 pm
Trump is considering cutting federal funding for coronavirus relief and other aid programs for the poor and sick in cities he deemed ‘anarchist’, including NYC, Portland, Oregon, D.C. and Seattle.
- London court: Woman ‘lured her ex-boyfriend into an ambush before her new partner savagely beat him’on October 21, 2020 at 3:52 pm
Crystal Culhane (pictured), 22, from West Drayton, allegedly recruited her lover James White, also 22, to savagely beat Paul Flory, 33, following his release from prison.
- Government backs down and allows Liverpool’s gyms to re-open despite being in Tier 3 lockdownon October 21, 2020 at 3:52 pm
Liverpool City Region metro mayor Steve Rotheram said gyms would be allowed to reopen under Tier 3 restrictions.
- Breonna Taylor: Bodycam footage will exonerate police, officer sayson October 21, 2020 at 3:51 pm
Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly was one of three cops who descended on Taylor’s apartment in Louisville, Kentucky, in March with a no-knock warrant to search her place.
- Michael Strahan and Breonna Taylor clash over racism in policeon October 21, 2020 at 3:51 pm
Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly was interviewed by Strahan for a lengthy piece that will air on ABC in full on Wednesday night,during which Mattingly told his story for the first time.
- Mum of West Australian girl who suicided after accused rapist bailed reveals 11-year-old’s fearson October 21, 2020 at 3:45 pm
First Nations youngster Annaliesse Ugle died from self-inflicted injuries at Perth Children’s Hospital on Tuesday after being airlifted there from rural Western Australian the day before.
- Presidential Debate Commission member slams Donald Trump for his attackson October 21, 2020 at 3:40 pm
A Republican member of the Debate Commission slammed Donald Trump for his attacks on the non-partisan body, charging the president with undermining public confidence in the election.
- Bali Bombings survivor Jake Ryan’s mother speaks out after he was killed by a train in Italyon October 21, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Jake Ryan (pictured right), 39, died when he was hit by a train in Sicily last week. His mother Leanne Ryan said her son was clear of the train but carriage steps ‘threw him’ and killed him.
- Girlfriend, 38, who stabbed boyfriend to death in front of friends is guilty of manslaughteron October 21, 2020 at 3:25 pm
Cordelia Farrell, 38, knifed her partner Wayne Coventry, 36, in front of horrified friends after they argued at his brother’s house in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, on October 14 last year.
- ‘Chemical attack’ leaves 15 people battling for breath after man walks into shops and restaurantson October 21, 2020 at 3:19 pm
A 20-year-old man has handed himself into police after West Midlands restaurants and shops were attacked with what is thought to be pepper spray on Wednesday, leaving 15 needing medical help.
- Oatlands crash driver Samuel William Davidson will plead guiltyon October 21, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Samuel William Davidson, 30, had allegedly consumed a cocktail of beer, MDMA and cocaine before getting behind the wheel of his Mitsubishi 4WD at Oatlands, in north-west Sydney in February.
- Sir Philip Green ‘gave his word’ he would sort out BHS’s pension deficiton October 21, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Chappell, 53, who is on trial for tax fraud, blames Sir Philip for the chain’s collapse and maintains he would have been able to pay his taxes ‘had BHS not failed’, jurors at Southwark Crown Court heard.
- Devoted mother-of-four, 31, dies from brain canceron October 21, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Emma Jenkinson, from Bury, was suffering from a Grade 4 brain cancer known as glioblastoma multiforme when her treatment was paused in March.
- Nicola Sturgeon EXTENDS Scotland’s coronavirus circuit breakeron October 21, 2020 at 3:15 pm
Nicola Sturgeon today announced pub and restaurant closures across the central belt will be extended until November 2.
- Mother-of-two hanged herself after becoming paranoid teachers were criticising her homeschoolingon October 21, 2020 at 3:12 pm
Amanda Metcalf, 44, felt like people were constantly watching her including through her bedroom window and while out for walks with her family in Ashtead, Surrey.
- UK weather: Commuters endure miserable journey to work as Storm Barbara hitson October 21, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Yellow weather warnings issued by the Met Office run until 5pm today, with the downpours covering the south coast, the Midlands, London and East Anglia throughout the day.
- Gang of four 19-year-olds ‘stabbed boy, 15, 40 times in planned execution in back of taxi’ on October 21, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Wolverhampton Crown Court heard four 19-year-old men, Brian Sasa, Tyrique King, Zenay Pennant-Phillips and Nehemie Tampwo, planned to ‘execute’ the teenager in May 2018.
- Billionaire Putin ally fails in bid to sue oligarch rival for perverting course of justiceon October 21, 2020 at 3:06 pm
A billionaire Vladimir Putin ally has failed in his bid to prosecute his oligarch rival for perverting the course of justice.
- Instagram influencer YX wakes his girlfriend with a karaoke machineon October 21, 2020 at 3:04 pm
The artist, known as YX, sneaked into the bedroom and placed a small karaoke speaker on the duvet beside his girlfriend’s ear. He then turns on the music and starts singing.
- Australia’s east coast braces for a ‘thunderstorm outbreak’ that will bring huge downpourson October 21, 2020 at 3:02 pm
The weather bureau is predicting heavy rain, hail, damaging winds and potential flash flooding across Queensland, New South Wales and north east Victoria.
- COVID-19 vaccines will be stored in secret locations to prevent thefton October 21, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Pharmaceutical companies and health authorities will store COVID-19 vaccines in secret locations to prevent theft when one is made publicly available.
- Andy Burnham ‘faked moment he learned city’s Covid funding had been slashed’ on October 21, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Tory ministers condemned the Greater Manchester mayor for ‘playing to the gallery’ as he railed at the government after negotiations over the financial package collapsed yesterday.
- Pollster who predicted 2016 says Donald Trump is on track to win again thanks to ‘hidden’ supporton October 21, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Trafalgar Group chief pollster Robert Cahaly says Trump is likely to be re-elected with the help of his ‘hidden support’ and he’s in a slight lead in key states like Michigan and Ohio.
- PM denies forcing London mayor Sadiq Khan to extend congestion chargeon October 21, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Boris Johnson railed at Sadiq Khan for ‘effectively bankrupting’ the capital amid vicious haggling over demands for a £4.9billion bailout for Transport for London.
- City worker accused of murder was told to ‘stop wallowing in self pity’ after baby’s deathon October 21, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Clare Sanders’ (left) daughter Eva was rushed to hospital after neighbours heard her screaming ‘my baby, my baby,’ at her home in Mitcham in September 2017, a trial has heard.
- Hampshire detective targeted with ‘abhorrent’ racism feared complaint would harm careeron October 21, 2020 at 2:44 pm
Hampshire Police DC Solomon Koranteng said he feared complaining could harm his career and needed to ‘let the comments wash over him’ to protect his job and avoid ‘repercussions’.
- South Shields football team hits back at Wetherspoons for reporting them for breaking Covid ruleson October 21, 2020 at 2:40 pm
Josh Robertson (pictured centre) said he was among those caught as his side drank at The Wouldhave Wetherspoon in South Shields after a match on Sunday.
- 70 artworks are damaged in mysterious ‘hushed up’ attack at German museumon October 21, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Paintings, stone sculptures and sarcophagi at three institutions on Berlin’s UNESCO-listed Museum Island were sprayed with an ‘oily liquid’ which left visible stains, Berlin police have said.
- Manchester United star Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s girlfriend dumps him after ‘fathering love child’on October 21, 2020 at 2:32 pm
The footballer, 22, has been accused of cheating on Rhianna Bentley, 21, with a US model once linked to his teammate Jesse Lingard.
- Britain’s 50-stone fattest man is hoisted out of his flat by CRANEon October 21, 2020 at 2:31 pm
Jason Holton, 30, from Camberley, Surrey, signed up to JustEat in 2014 and spent £30 a day on takeaways, including doner kebab meat, chips and chicken chow mein.
- Moment murderer, 23, is seen on CCTV with the friend, 24, he hacked to death in ‘machete attack’on October 21, 2020 at 2:31 pm
Miller, 23, of Victoria Road, South Shields, has been jailed for life for murdering his friend Brandon Lee in May. Chilling CCTV footage shows the pair together before Miller hacked his friend to death.
- Coronavirus UK: Can I go the gym and pub under Tier 3 lockdown?on October 21, 2020 at 2:29 pm
In tier three areas such as Liverpool and Lancashire, social mixing is banned both indoors and in private gardens, while pubs and bars must close unless they can operate as a restaurant.
- De Montfort University racism probe over student’s message during online lectureon October 21, 2020 at 2:27 pm
De Montfort University in Leicester has launched an investigation after a third year student allegedly sent a message in class that said: ‘Black people blame everything on the fact they’re black.’
- Owner of spa where Gwyneth Paltrow recommended a ‘vaginal steam’ admits she hoarded 20,000 N95 maskson October 21, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Niki Schwarz, the owner of Tikkun Holistic Spa in Santa Monica, has admitted to hoarding then selling N95 masks for a huge 1,100% over list price, according to DoJ officials.
- Brendan Fevola takes a BRUTAL swipe at Australia’s tennis golden girl Ash Bartyon October 21, 2020 at 2:13 pm
Brendan Fevola said choosing Ash Barty to present the Richmond Tigers with the AFL Grand Final trophy is just ‘virtue signalling’ and goes against the traditions of game.
- White BLM protester called black officer ‘pet n****r’, claims black MPon October 21, 2020 at 2:05 pm
Repeating the slur word-for-word in a Commons debate on Black History Month, Kemi Badenoch, who is black, urged Labour to condemn ‘many of the actions’ of Black Lives Matter.
- Tiny 74 square foot flat the size of two king-size mattresses in Pimlico is on sale for £225,000on October 21, 2020 at 1:40 pm
The property consists of a single bed tucked in a corner, a kitchen at the foot of the bed, while a miniscule bathroom area, can be viewed from the bed through a see-through door.
- Surgeon injured woman as he ‘forgot’ which side of road to drive onon October 21, 2020 at 1:32 pm
Consultant Harald Geogloman, 55, was on his way to work at Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) in Kings Lynn, Norfolk, when he got mixed up and drove on the right hand side of the road.
- Pubs, restaurants and business leaders in London say 10pm curfew is ‘pointless’ in Tier 2 lockdownon October 21, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Business leaders including Jeremy King, chief executive of restaurant group Corbin & King, say there is no point in having an early closing time if only one household can be at a table in the first place.
- Passengers chant ‘Off off off!’ after British lawyer argues with EasyJet crew over face maskson October 21, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Louis Stead, 31, was recorded arguing with EasyJet cabin crew on his return flight from Hurghada, Egypt, last month before his fellow passengers chanted for him to be escorted off.
- ‘Percy Long Prong’s’ calling card found during house restorationon October 21, 2020 at 1:04 pm
A bizarre calling card for ‘Percy Long Prong,’ has been unearthed from the floorboards of an old house. The calling card offers sex and extras, particularly to spinsters and widows.
- ‘Mass fight’ breaks out among migrants at Welsh holding camp as police arrest two menon October 21, 2020 at 1:03 pm
A 22-year-old was arrested on suspicion of affray and a 25-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault after the incident at Penally Asylum Accommodation Centre in Penally, Pembrokeshire.
- 7 Brits ‘of Pakistani origin’ arrested in Paris for ‘trying to run over cop outside Israel embassy’ on October 21, 2020 at 12:58 pm
The four men and three women have not been named but are said to be Londoners of Pakistani origin, who were travelling in a Mercedes and a BMW with false number plates through central Paris.
- Exeter University suspends students for breaching Covid ruleson October 21, 2020 at 12:51 pm
Police were called to a large party on Sunday and two smaller gatherings on Friday night with seven fixed penalty notices issued at a halls of residence in Exeter.
- Heartless crooks stole purse and iPhone from woman, 84, as she lay dying in bedon October 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Ronald Crowther, 87, thought the pair were helping after his wife Dorothy, 84, suffered an aneurysm inside their home in Brierfield near Burnley last Friday.
- William Hill temporarily closes 100 branches located in Tier Three regionson October 21, 2020 at 11:53 am
Boris Johnson announced betting shops would close under three-tier lockdowns earlier this month. It is the latest blow to the high street which has been crippled by closures due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Jersey Island coronavirus: Hotel is fined £20,000 for breaching Covid ruleson October 21, 2020 at 11:42 am
Guests at The Marina Metro Hotel (pictured) on the island of Jersey were caught ignoring social distancing measures during two late-night police visits last month.
- Ex-civil servant boss Mark Sedwill questions government’s Covid responseon October 21, 2020 at 11:36 am
Speaking to the BBC, former Cabinet Secretary Mark Sedwill has today delivered a parting shot at Dominic Cummings as he described the aide’s 260-mile lockdown Durham trip as a ‘mistake’.
- Top restaurants beg Tier 2 office workers to book business lunches with lockdown loopholeon October 21, 2020 at 11:13 am
Corbin & King, which owns restaurants including The Wolseley in London, sent an email confirming that working lunches were ‘within the rules’ even in Tier 2 areas.
- West Sussex former pump station eco-home goes on market for £1.65mon October 21, 2020 at 11:09 am
The five-bed house, at Nutbourne Common in Pulborough, West Sussex, received an award for its conversion and featured on TV show Restoration Home, presented by Caroline Quentin.
- On the brink… of disaster! 80-ton ship teeters on the edge of Somerset slipwayon October 21, 2020 at 10:38 am
Weston Coastguard Rescue Team helped the Severn Sins ship that got stranded at Knightstone Slipway in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset.
- Paris attack: Two Muslim woman are stabbed under the Eiffel Toweron October 21, 2020 at 10:30 am
French police have arrested two female suspects after an argument about dogs allegedly descended into violence racist insults including the words ‘Dirty Arabs’.
- Doctor dismisses mother’s claim that her baby was able to crawl after boyfriend ‘stamped on her’on October 21, 2020 at 9:39 am
Chelsea Crilly (pictured), 20, told medics her 12-month-old baby could drink milk and crawled at speed after the alleged attack at a flat in Radcliffe, a jury was told.
- 900-year-old silver penny unearthed by amateur detectorist in Yorkshire is set to fetch £15,000on October 21, 2020 at 9:18 am
The silver penny of Baron Eustace Fitzjohn, a 12th century business magnate who was the Alan Sugar of his day, was dug up by Rob Brown on a stubble field near Pickering in North Yorkshire.
- Dog doodles by Sussex artist Hercule Van Wolfwinkle become a hiton October 21, 2020 at 9:09 am
Phil Heckels, who uses the pseudonym Hercule Van Wolfwinkle, admits his creations are ‘really c**p’. However, the father, 38, from Worthing, West Sussex, receives about 150 request a day.
- Gunman opens fire on gang rival’s house as neighbours dive for cover in Birmingham drive-by shootingon October 21, 2020 at 8:44 am
Shots fired at a house in Bordesley Green, Birmingham, narrowly missed two men stood outside after a gang carried out two drive-by shootings in the space of 30 minutes on Wednesday.
- Durham students from the North claim they are being ‘constantly mocked’on October 21, 2020 at 8:31 am
Third-year Durham student Lauren White, from Newcastle, wrote a report about the issue after being inundated with messages of support after writing about her experience of discrimination.
- Are Covid-19 outbreaks slowing down in university towns? Analysison October 20, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Major university towns, defined as having more than 20,000 students but excluding London, saw infections skyrocket at the end of September when students and teachers returned in their droves.
- Widower tells of his ‘abundance of loss’ in tribute to ‘mummy blogger’ wife and their young childrenon October 20, 2020 at 2:16 pm
The husband of a young mummy blogger killed in a car crash with three of their children has spoken of the ‘abundance of loss we feel as a family’
- Pervert, 37, is jailed for three years after having sex with CHICKENSon October 20, 2020 at 12:49 am
The horrifying footage of Rehan Baig abusing the birds, which were family pets, was saved under the file name ‘family vids’ and were shot by his wife Haleema.
- Clarifications and correctionson October 18, 2020 at 12:54 am
On 8 September 2019 we reported allegations that Angela Misra and Usman Tahir Raja bullied and harassed staff at their company. We now accept that these allegations are untrue.